It's all about the gospel: Believe the gospel...Be Changed by the gospel...Be Led by the gospel!
We want our students and their families to know the gospel's saving power, not only from their sins, but for their everyday lives. So, we want to communicate the gospel of Jesus Christ as clearly as we can so that all might Believe from the heart (Ezekiel 36:26-27).
If God's truth takes root in their hearts, then they will be Changed by the power of the gospel (2 Cor. 5:17). Therefore, we will be devoted to praying and pleading with God for change and growth as disciples of Jesus.
The gospel cannot solely affect the heart, but must impact the places we live, work, and play. We want to Be Led to share His love with our church, our community, and the world (Gen. 12:1-4; Rom. 10:15-15) so others might Believe, Be Changed, and Be Led as well.
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content.
Type the content for this section here. This is just example text to show you what it will look like when you enter text content into this section. Your unique, authentic, and appropriate text will be filled into this section. Once you click into this section, you will see the filler text disappear, and you can begin typing your real content. We’ve simply put in filler text in this area. No need to get caught up in the actual content of this body text, we just typed a bunch of meaningless sentences.
1. We are committed to the gospel.
The word gospel means "good news" and we want to share that good news with every student and every family God gives us. So the gospel is the foundation for every event, every Bible study, and every interaction. We want everyone to know and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ!
2. We are devoted to prayer.
Prayer is something that happened throughout the Bible and Jesus even gave a model prayer for his disciples to follow (Mt. 6:9-13; Lk. 11:2-4). God uses the prayers of His people to carry out His will and we want to be a part of that! We devote ourselves to praying for the gospel to save and strengthen our students and their families.
3. We are focused on community.
God has built us into a community of people who need one another to grow. We are focused on our students knowing one another well and learning from each other. However, we also want the love of Jesus to reach the greater community that surrounds us. We want to build strong relationships with our schools, our workplaces, and neighbors so that the gospel can reach them.
4. We want to mature in Christ.
God promises us that He will not leave us as he found us (Phil. 1:6), but to make us more and more like Christ. We want to see our students and families becoming more like Jesus in the ways they live, think, act, and play.
- Bible Studies: We have a Middle School guys study that meets each Monday from 6:30-8 and is open to any guy 6th-8th grade.
- Our High School guys also have a study that meets every Thursday from 6:30-8 and any student 9th-12th grade is welcome.
- Our teen ladies Bible study is known as Alethinos and meets every Saturday morning and is open to any teen lady.
- Invest: Invest is a way for us to achieve our goal of building community at Hope. Invest is a program to pair up a member of our congregation with three students to pour into them their Prayer, Presence, and Priorities.
- We participate in two summer mission trips: One to the Dominican Republic and one to the Appalachian region of the United States.
- We serve at a local homeless and recovery mission called Market Street Mission and our students help serve an annual Christmas dinner.
- We are also exploring some recent opportunities to serve at a local high school.
- We are open to wherever the gospel may lead us!
- Want to know more? Contact our Youth Pastor, Logan Spoon at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 864-684-9491.
Resources For Life
One of our goals is that we are maturing in Christ. That can be difficult in the busy world we live in. To help encourage you we want to stock this section with some helpful resources you can learn from--whether you are a student in our Youth Ministry, a student who randomly found this page, or a parent who just needs some insight into how the good news of Jesus makes a difference in your home, marriage, and parenting. If you have questions for us, please contact Logan Spoon at email@example.com or 864-684-9491.
Want your children to follow Jesus? Want to know what kinds of things increase that likelihood? Read this article. If you feel overwhelmed, then please contact us to start a conversation that will lead to answers!
What do we do with cyberbullying? This is the bullying many of our teens face from the computer screen or that mobile device they are always looking at. Regardless of whether you are a teen facing this or a parent reading this, please read this and hear how the presence of a safe parent-child relationship is key! Read this article and then try and ask the question: How do I achieve this type of relationship?
So, I know the second season has already come out. For a variety of reasons I am only on episode 3. It seems that more often than not, this show is being watched solo--that should not be! This article offers an incredible way to enter into a discussion about an immensely popular show in pop culture right now. Take this opportunity and jump in; ask questions; and most importantly, listen!